Scanning oily, greasy or gel-like substances right on your smartphone
Easy to Use
Do the tap
- Tapping lens on substance (direct or indirect using a cloth).
- Works best for oily, greasy, or gel-like substances.
- Acts like a filter in optical path.
- Leads to image distortion making up desired measurement effect.
Scan a Pattern
Application-specific image features
- Image distortion
- Bent lines,
- Colour fringe,
- Machine learning model to relate features to reference data.
- Data processing on smartphone or cloud-based, native or web app.
Tailored Measurement Patterns
- Specific to chemical properties of substance to be measured.
- Standard pattern: Siemens star
- Rotation invariant,
- Virtually all angles of light / dark boundary
- Corner markers for reproduction scale.
- Further potential patterns
- Fractals, logo, QR code, plain text.
Suitable for applications not requiring lab instrument precision
- Natural and synthetic oils and greases.
- Gel-like substances.
- Substances with particulate matter.
- Measurement pattern can be printed on product.